Freedom Ride! Immigrants’ Caravan Against Deportations
This caravan will travel trough different communities surrounding Chicago. We will hold meetings, discussions, rallies and actions to confront xenophobic legislations, English-Only ordinances, Secure Communities, PoliMigra, 287(g) and to push for the passage of the Dream Act. Join us, or connect with us along the way!
Itinerary and Schedule
Friday, September 3rd
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM: REUNION & Rally in support of the DREAM Act
Congresswoman Melissa Bean’s office, 1701 East Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL
(Outside of Building on Side Walk)
- 5:00 PM – Leave Schaumburg and ride to Naperville
- 7:00-8:00 PM – Arrive in Naperville and be received by our friends of Immigrant Solidarity Dupage.
Shelter is graciously provided by St. Margaret Mary Parish, 1450 Green Trails Dr, Naperville, IL.
- 8:00-10:00 PM – Welcoming Reception from Immigrant Solidarity Dupage and Dupage Community Leaders. Dinner will be provided. St. Margaret Mary Parish, 1450 Green Trails Dr, Naperville, IL.
- 11:00 PM – End of Day. Spend the night at St. Margaret Mary Parish, 1450 Green Trails Dr, Naperville, IL
Saturday, September 4th
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast at St. Margaret Mary Parish, 1450 Green Trails Dr, Naperville, IL.
Breakfast will be provided
- 9:15 AM – Depart St. Margaret Mary Parish – Ride to Wheaton
- 10:00 AM – Rally: “Stop the 150 Weekly Deportations in Dupage/ Legalization for All!”
- 1/2 Mile March South on County Farm Rd and East on Roosevelt Rd to Marianjoy (Franciscan Sisters) Campus for a short vigil
- 10:45 Return to Dupage County Courthouse Complex for closing remarks and distribution of sacked lunches.
- 11:00AM – Assemble caravan and leave for Joliet
- 3:00 PM Rest stop, lunch and discussion on precarious working conditions in suburban warehousing and logistics industries: Plimmer Park, 401 Lily Cache Lane, Bolingbrook (Must buy/get/have your own lunch)
- 6:00 pm Nuestra Senora de Monte Carmelo Church,
205 East Jackson Street,
Meeting and discussion on immigrant rights issues and Joliet-area activism; dinner with Freedom Riders. (Evening Meal will be provided)
- 10:00 PM – End of Day. Spend the night at Nuestra Senora de Monte Carmelo Church
Sunday September 5th
- 8:00 am: Breakfast and tabling at the 8:30 Mass, Monte Carmelo Church
(Must buy/get/have your own breakfast)
- 10:00 AM Depart for Homer Glen
- Noon – 1PM Culver Park on S Parker Rd, Homer Glen
Stop in Homer Glen for rest, discussion of English-Only ordinances and sidewalk chalking action
(Lunch will be provided by MDC)
- 2:30 PM – Stop in Bridgeview for a solidarity event with the Muslim Community. Details TBA.
- 8:00 PM-Arrive in Chicago for a reception in Little Village from our friends at the Justice Mission/Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission. (3442 W. 26th St. Chicago IL 60623. Celebration and wind down.
(Dinner will be provided) Women from the Mission will have Delicious Homemade Food for the Freedom Riders.
Come and join the discussion on what is next for the campaign and how we will stop Deportations!!!Route: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101061605510373874133.00048e1e94b2aeb5f8758&ll=41.748775,-87.819214&spn=0.468226,0.668793&z=10
Please visit daily as more information is added and being updated!
Notice for All Riders
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US AND WELCOME!
Notice for All Riders in the Freedom Riders! Immigrants’ Caravan Against Deportations
What to Bring:
- Bike Helmets – we will not ride without them
- Sleeping bag/Blanket or mat
- Personal items (toiletries, etc)
- Refillable water bottles
- Biking Emergency Supplies
- Money ($$$) for your expenses
MDC Group and Allies will provide for some meals throughout the trip.
MDC will provide water, some biking emergency supplies, emergency kit, some fruits and snacks
Please Follow the Lead Captains of the Caravan and all the instructions given throughout the caravan.
***You can find more information inside the “[Freedom Riders Package-Please Print]” or on our Top Menu under “Freedom Riders Sept 3-5” Menu Bar***